[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / desu / fit / hikki / lewd / mai / tacos / v1 / vfur ]

/b/ - Random

Now with 200% more memes than before!
Winner of the 62rd Attention-Hungry Games
/eris/ - Wherein Is Explained Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Anything.

November 2018 - 8chan Transparency Report
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Flag
Options

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


Just 🐝 yourself. Rules.

File: 0ddf8d58de36bde⋯.jpg (43.49 KB, 640x480, 4:3, Meridian-Temple-Moroni9-20….jpg)

File: ec63ec7a6e7cce9⋯.jpg (112.71 KB, 944x993, 944:993, book-of-mormon.jpg)

 No.8467901

Daily reminder that you too can become a Mormon and be one with the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you're sick of the secular world and want a community that shares your same conservative values and spirituality, you're three door knocks away, and let the Holy Ghost guide you

May Heavenly Father bless you /b/

 No.8467906

mormons are fucking gay


 No.8467911

>>8467906

No, we don't allow teh gays in. They either remain celibate for the rest of their lives (including from masturbation and pornography) and do their best to marry a woman or unfortunately they have no room here for their sinful behavior as per the Bible, as it is an abomination as close to the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.


 No.8467920

>>8467911

>we dont allow gays in

<but we allow gays in

>churches filled with sexually frustrated faggots

sounds pretty gay tbh fam


 No.8467926

Hi HEX!


 No.8467927

No.

My life may be shit but I know it'll be worse if I become a Mormon.


 No.8467929

>>8467920

They repudiate us due to that, so gays don't tend to join unless they feel a change of heart and marry a woman. Probably like 1 out of 10,000


 No.8467932

>>8467927

You won't ever know if you don't try :=)


 No.8467933

>>8467920

This is the case with all religions, but they tend to just hate Christians and see the Bible as "outdated".


 No.8467935

>>8467926

I'm not hex but he's a good guy and a good Mormon


 No.8467940

File: 66a3a77f2851219⋯.jpg (127.52 KB, 1200x863, 1200:863, 700460519.jpg)

>>8467929

it's too late to take the image of your churches being a secret faggot doomsday bukkake party out of my head.

if it is you, hex, maybe you haven't found your 3D waifu yet because of dormant faggotry. have you tried pleasing another mans cock? if you approached it with an open mind you might enjoy it.


 No.8467944

>>8467940

If you want a doomsday party you can try joining the fLDS but I don't think they let anyone in unless they're from Brigham Young's lineage. We're far from a doomsday secret cult, I think you're confusing us for Jehovah's Witnesses.


 No.8467946

>>8467940

Also musicals are really gay


 No.8467949

>>8467940

Try not to watch bukkake material due to its sinful nature though


 No.8467950

File: 3db3e6288ad5d88⋯.jpg (135.87 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, FTND_People-Over-Pixels_v2.jpg)

Mormons also are responsible for creating Fight the New Drug, as a fun fact. An anti-pornography organization. The more you know


 No.8467959

>>8467944

>not a doomsday cult

the mormons ive known keep a bunch of supplies like non-perishable food in their house to prepare for a litteral doomsday.


 No.8467983

>>8467926

not OP, but hi anon.

>>8467959

>being prepared for emergencies is a bad thing

wew


 No.8467984

>>8467959

Oh yeah, that's some self-sustainance stuff. It's not for a literal doomsday but to prepare for stuff in case there's a shortage. They also help young adults and adults to be independent people (something I struggle with) and in some cases help them to get jobs. We all help each other since we're a community.

The non-perishable food is kind of quirky, but if you think about it, it's all about being ready for any kind of scenario in this unpredictable world, and as far as I remember this was mostly developed during the Cold War.

If you watch fLDS documentaries they are a doomsday cult since I think they force fed Prozac to their members at one point and gathered them in a large field for the Second Coming. When nothing happened, since nobody knows when the Second Coming is, Warren Jeffs just had a "revelation" and postponed the date. A bit like Seventh-Day Adventists with failed calculations but they're not a sect. I've got a book on the fLDS called Prophet's Prey that I plan to read later.


 No.8467995

As a Mormon, I think it's important to share the Gospel if it's something that you personally feel fulfilling. If it doesn't fulfill you or make you happy in any way, there's no point in sharing it, it must be an authentic feeling. So I invite /b/ to give a chance to the Mormons if any of you feel like having a change of heart from your current habits or would like to be part of a community of like minded people.

If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them. Part of what I struggle with in the Word of Wisdom is not to drink coffee. You eventually become dependent on coffee and constantly crash during the day when using it, instead of eating and drinking healthy. I plan to just go cold-turkey when the semester ends. Whenever I've tried quitting I've had the most refreshing sleep possible. But yeah, we don't allow drinking or smoking or drugs of any kind. They just aren't helpful in any way, but you can call missionaries or any other person in the Church if you would like personal support for quitting alcohol or smoking, for example. We've also got church pamphlets on quitting addictions including porn.


 No.8467998

>>8467911

>it is an abomination as close to the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost

the holy ghost is an abomination per mormon doctrine?


 No.8467999

We also like to distance ourselves from the past some of our members had, like polygamy. It's hard to keep just one wife after all. We had a ban on blacks receiving the Priesthood, and some people still believe this is the case if you're a conservative Mormon.

That's why there's a tendency of not having any blacks in our Church, despite the ban on them being lifted several decades ago.


 No.8468001

>>8467998

>the holy ghost is an abomination per mormon doctrine?

that isn't what he said


 No.8468003

>>8468001

He probably should have used blaspheming instead of blasphemy though in that situation to make it more clear tbh


 No.8468004

>>8467998

Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost* as it is mentioned either in Deuteronomy or Proverbs. It's the one unpardonable sin, which has many interpretations, but we believe sexual sin and homosexuality or LGBT+ is just as terrible.


 No.8468006

Alright before I keep answering any questions, I'd like to get off-topic for a moment. Do you guys know if mixing acetaminophen/parecetamol with Advil fucks up your liver? I have a massive headache I need to get rid of.


 No.8468007

>>8468006

idk but ive done it before


 No.8468009

> /christian/ is so buttblasted about being rejected by /pol/ that they recruit on /b/

I feel like every board that's upset over /pol/ shills here.


 No.8468011

>>8468006

Nvm, just checked. It's apparently safe and doesn't trash the liver.


 No.8468016

>>8468009

>implying the Church of Jesus Christ is allowed on /christian/


 No.8468018

>>8468009

It's not so much recruitment as it is sharing a bit of my personal experience and how the Church made me happy, we're not forcing anything onto you. As well as a Q&A.

/christian/ despises us because we're non-Trinitarian. When the Trinity was a pagan Catholic invention carried on by Martin Luther, who was originally opposed to it, but needed the Trinity to keep converts. The Trinity doctrine was developed in the 3rd century by Tertulian iirc.


 No.8468020

>>8468018

So technically it's Catholic/Orthodox but carried on to Protestantism for convenience. Not everyone knows this.


 No.8468023

>>8468011

The NSAID I had has a bit of caffeine, which is what caused the headache in the first place, but lets hope the combination does something


 No.8468026

Bless you hex and Moroni.


 No.8468028

>>8468026

Have a blessed day too, fam


 No.8468029

>>8467940

>a secret faggot doomsday bukkake party


 No.8468031

>>8467901

100% of the mormons I've met are all decent people but I think the religion itself is pretty stupid tbh thanks anyway though.


 No.8468032

>>8468029

I've heard neo-Pagans actually do this


 No.8468038

>>8468031

It's fine. That's the case with missionaries, whenever someone rejects the sharing of the Gospel, they move on.

What another Mormon friend of mine said was that, considering the subjectivity of religion, Christianity already is pretty absurd on the surface.

Some random Jew dying on the cross and resurrecting at the third day that will get us new bodies after we die is already somewhat absurd, like all religions are, a bit. It's nice that you know us by our fruit though.


 No.8468040

Also, /christian/ bans anything that doesn't go along with mostly Catholic doctrine, so they tend to censor anything that doesn't go along with their creed. It's pretty lame since we also believe in Christ, but they'll never recognize that.


 No.8468045

File: 998eac84bf5cb41⋯.mp4 (3.73 MB, 640x640, 1:1, InShot_20181107_221950768.mp4)

Reminder that Mormonism will avoid you from this kind of society


 No.8468048

>>8468045

For more of this shit check out Spiritual Dustbowl:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP2eyvZ76d9OKs1GD9BS5Ug

If you ever knew Common Filth the content is a bit inspired by him. Many people believe it's a shame he went fully anti-white though.


 No.8468206

Bump for the glorious Moroni!


 No.8468212

>>8468206

still not convinced you guys aren't gay


 No.8468216

>>8467983

I know, btw you are really well manered like most mormons, no homo.

>>8468032

They do, there is a reason why fedoras stopped roleplaying "pagans" in /pol/ for a few days.


 No.8468217

The holy ghost is a myth and if it weren't it could suck my cock. Do I get to go to hell now?


 No.8468220

>>8468212

Well, there's /christian/'s (note the board reference) that have transgender pastors and want to suck transgender dick.


 No.8468221

>>8468217

you have to shoot up a mormon church for that privilege.

bonus EXP and a rare loot item if you kill hex


 No.8468222

>>8468217

Well, I wouldn't be able to say. You'd be redeemed by God's grace but in Christianity what you just did's quite a grave offense. It's interpreted in different ways though, not as a verbal insult, but as in not accepting the Holy Ghost and His message for you about the Creator.


 No.8468223

File: 141f161e0874cd9⋯.png (312.67 KB, 480x512, 15:16, e576cec683aaa7784112ebc421….png)

File: 655bef5d1b58769⋯.jpg (88.47 KB, 829x600, 829:600, 1525557730701.jpg)


 No.8468224

>>8468221

That would be really sad. Considering we're worshipping God and trying to be better individuals we don't want an early ticket to the afterlife when we can keep making a change in other people in this life.


 No.8468227

>>8468222

I want facts goddamn it! What does it really mean to reject/defame/insult gods super ghost pal?!?


 No.8468228

>>8468223

I don't want to keep shitting on /christian/, but reminding you of this:

>In December 2015, the Vatican released a 10,000-word document that, among other things, stated that Jews do not need to be converted to find salvation, and that Catholics should work with Jews to fight antisemitism.[13][16][17]


 No.8468229

>>8468227

As per Joseph Smith:

"All sins shall be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Ghost; for Jesus will save all except the sons of perdition. What must a man do to commit the unpardonable sin? He must receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him. After a man has sinned against the Holy Ghost, there is no repentance for him. He has got to say that the sun does not shine while he sees it; he has got to deny Jesus Christ when the heavens have been opened unto him, and to deny the plan of salvation with his eyes open to the truth of it; and from that time he begins to be an enemy.[23]"

That is, rejecting the Gospel after having received it. Apostasy, probably.


 No.8468230


 No.8468233

>>8468228

My Catholic university has an LGBT student club and has invited transexuals and even drag queens to the uni. Seems very Catholic of them. A good meme is Catholics interpreting the Bible.


 No.8468236

>>8468229

i accept that there is a big sky spooky. it's creation is pretty nigger-tier tbh and i think he should be fired. he can punish me all he wants but ill be damned sure to let his superiors know how shitty he's doing on the end-of-life company survey.


 No.8468242

>>8467901

Too bad you're essentially white Muslims:

> Both practice polygamy

> Both 'prophets' received instruction from angels

> Both believe in Jesus and the Bible, but think they needed additions

> Both are racially based. Islam requires speaking Arabic, Mormonism places special emphasis on being white and the Americas

How does it feel to be a Utah sandnigger?


 No.8468255

>>8468236

>i accept that there is a big sky spooky.

That's a nice first step!

>it's creation is pretty nigger-tier tbh and i think he should be fired.

Well, due to the Fall of Man and literal niggers roaming the Earth, as well as man's iniquities and tragedies, life can be pretty tragic. The Problem of Evil/Suffering is explained in Latter-day Saint doctrine, but the closer you are to God, the less shitty the world will be :)

>>8468242

> Both practice polygamy

We did, but not anymore. It's a grave sin.

>Both 'prophets' received instruction from angels

Modern day prophecy is still a gift from the Holy Ghost that can come in many different ways.

> Both believe in Jesus and the Bible, but think they needed additions

We believe that Muhammad is a false prophet due to shitting on the Bible and believing Jesus to not be redeemer. He believes in Jesus as a Prophet but they mostly disregard the New Testament. We believe that the Book of Mormon is a book of Revelation that speaks about Christ teaching the Gospel to everyone, so it's an "addition", but it's message is the same.

> Both are racially based. Islam requires speaking Arabic, Mormonism places special emphasis on being white and the Americas

Not really. We have Mormons all around the globe and our emphasis is in ministering all around it. Brigham Young condemned the negro race, but that has long been abolished. Some people keep their ideology on the negro race, like Hex.

>How does it feel to be a Utah sandnigger?

Far from it, not in Utah currently and not a sandnigger either.

"Similarities" might have existed, but not due to this both religions are the same. Muslims would probably enjoy killing us, as savage as they are.


 No.8468260

>>8468255

Jesus promises in the New Testament* and therefore, Isaiah's prophecy.


 No.8468262

File: 9e9a1c75795f377⋯.jpg (61.68 KB, 660x391, 660:391, deamonette-1.jpg)

>>8468255

>fall of man

>niggers roaming the earth

all gods fault.

<just love him

why does this faggot so goddamn needy. he's like a faggot youtube e-celeb with his own circlejerk discord.

im throwing my cards in with slaanesh


 No.8468277

>>8468262

Well, you don't have to love Him, believing in Him is enough. He does love you.


 No.8468281

>>8468262

God would probably disapprove of Discord. Not gonna lie.


 No.8468290

>>8468255

> We did, but not anymore. It's a grave sin.

So your religion changes to suit modern sensibilities? The Bible isn't way against polygamy IIRC, but it does disqualify you from being a bishop/pastor. And it's definitely one sided (i.e. a man can have multiple wives, but not vice-versa).

Where do you get that it's a grave sin then? It's not in the Mormon texts nor the Bible.

> We believe that the Book of Mormon is a book of Revelation that speaks about Christ teaching the Gospel to everyone, so it's an "addition", but it's message is the same.

So essentially hyper-exegesis? Seems like very dangerous ground to tread when taking into account Deuteronomy 4:2 2 and Revelation 22:18 specifically warning against making additions to the word of God.

> Some people keep their ideology on the negro race,

Again, seems like your doctrine isn't from the eternal God if it can change on a whim. Also it's pretty explicit that niggers are sinful:

2 Nephi 21 … For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Although that may not be wrong, God has been punishing Africa for an awfully long time :P

> Muslims would probably enjoy killing us

Yep, if you read their more intelligent theologians it essentially boils down to natural law – which equates to might makes right.

Another question (Hopefully didn't miss it in the thread), but what does it take to be saved according to Mormonism? Is it works based?


 No.8468291

>>8468229

Woohoo! I'm so in!


 No.8468293

>>8468230

But Catholics are full-up reprobate so who cares?


 No.8468309

>>8468290

Grave sin as described by revelation by our modern prophets. It's a matter of excommunication from the Church, even if it's not technically anti-Biblical. I can't remember if polygamy is mentioned in the Book of Mormon.

>Seems like very dangerous ground to tread when taking into account Deuteronomy 4:2 2 and Revelation 22:18 specifically warning against making additions to the word of God.

Not when it's a revelation for God by the Holy Spirit per se. I'd need to consult those verses, however.

>Again, seems like your doctrine isn't from the eternal God if it can change on a whim. Also it's pretty explicit that niggers are sinful:

I think I need to make emphasis that we have modern Prophets today that receive revelation from God, and in this case, they received revelation against the negro race (not everyone is that in line with that revelation though, it's a bit of a matter of dispute and how did it come to be revealed). I do have to expand on 2 Nephi 21 as there's a bit of misunderstanding there between Nephites and Lamanites, it's also mentioned in 1st Nephi.

>Yep, if you read their more intelligent theologians it essentially boils down to natural law – which equates to might makes right.

Quite so, it's a religion of the sword after all. See: The Sword Verse.

>Another question (Hopefully didn't miss it in the thread), but what does it take to be saved according to Mormonism? Is it works based?

It's both faith and works based. JW's salvation, for example, is purely works based, and based on continous ministering until the end of their life. There's however, some mix between faith and works, due to true faith stemming works. A bit like the Methodist posture on the subject.

Sorry that I have to go now, I'm off to Home Evening and Bible Study. I'll bring my phone to check questions and I'll answer them when I get home.

God bless you anon!


 No.8468316

mormons are going hard liberal


 No.8468337

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb


 No.8468348

If anyone needs a book of mormon, hit up mormon.org. Its lit.


 No.8468360

Can anybody explain some interesting theology, philosophy unique to Mormonism? I find it very bland. There is no real meat to it, and the Book of Mormon is not very easy to read but seems to be mostly apocryphal history.


 No.8468363

You have your choice of any sect of Christianity and you pick…. mormonism? Why? Why the fuck would you select the most retarded, second hand bullshit bastard son of faith?

Didn't some guy find some rocks but only he could see them? Then he like destroys them or some shit and he's also the holy spirit incarnate? I don't fuckin know dude I prefer Tolkien.

Look here, buddy: get your thread saged like the sage leaf cats was smokin when they invented this retarded shit.

>dum-dum-dum-dum-dum


 No.8468366

>>8468309

> I can't remember if polygamy is mentioned in the Book of Mormon

The clearest I could find was in Doctrine and Covenants 132:61-62: [I]f any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another,and the first give her consent, and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no other man, then is he justified; he cannot commit adultery for they are given unto him; for he cannot commit adultery with that that belongeth unto him and to no one else. And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.

So, it seems fine to have multiple wives. I'm curious how the LDS Church came to the decision then that it's a sin? You say modern prophets, so I'm assuming it's essentially a council of elders that decide?

This is always the problem I run into with Churches that aren't strictly Bible/Holy Ghost based – they always, without fail, establish a power structure that puts fallible men between Jesus and the believer. It sounds like LDS has a similar issue since I see multiple references to "modern prophets" as opposed to passages of scripture (Mormon or Biblical).

> Not when it's a revelation for God by the Holy Spirit per se

Agreed, but to be shared to others there is usually miracles involved to establish validity for the original instance. i.e. Moses' red sea/manna/snake statue, Joseph's predictions, Acts speaking in tongues, Jesus doing Jesus things, etc. I don't think there was an equivalent for Joseph Smith?

Also Bible is pretty heavy on warnings about additions and prophets teaching things that don't fully jive. So definitely a challenge to recruit any Bible believing Christians.

Curious if you believe on individual guidance of the Holy Ghost for interpreting scripture/teachings? That's usually my go to for deciding if something is inspired or not (i.e. praying for guidance and then reading it), which tends to discount a lot of fake 'Christian' media and the apocrypha.

> It's both faith and works based.

The little bit I've googled makes it seem like there are different degrees of salvation? That follows roughly with the Bible, since it's essentially salvation via faith and then works result in rewards after death.

> God bless you anon!

You too anon, enjoy your evening!


 No.8468378

>>8468363

Agreed that mormonism is probably bunk, but quoting 90s South Park pretty much sodomizes any point you may have had.

nb, for off-topic


 No.8468380

>>8468032

>taking ironic atheist "neo-pagans" seriously


 No.8468603

>>8468360

Possibly the theology of the degrees of Heaven that Peter talks about, or Kingdoms. Three degrees of Heaven. As well as the premortal life.

>>8468363

>Didn't some guy find some rocks but only he could see them? Then he like destroys them or some shit and he's also the holy spirit incarnate?

I…. had never even heard of that. Being a Holy Spirit incarnate is also blasphemous and no mortal can be so.


 No.8468702


 No.8468979

Good night /b/, may God bless you and give you good rest.


 No.8469360

Morning /b/


 No.8469367

>>8467911

> they have no room here for their sinful behavior

<posts on /b/ every day

Riiiight……


 No.8469407

>>8467920

Mormons treat gays like alcoholics


 No.8469410

>>8467901

daily reminder that theres no god, just like theres no santa or fairies. Theres no evidence for it and all arguments made for it r logicall fallacies


 No.8469421

>>8469407

False. Alcoholics are actually human beings to us, unlike gays


 No.8469675

>>8467901

>restored

"We changed bits to suit our cult."


 No.8469679

>>8469410

>Theres no evidence for it and all arguments made for it r logicall fallacies

Saying something is not true simply because there is no evidence for it is itself a logical fallacy, retard.


 No.8469685

>>8469675

That is, restored from the Great Apostasy when Catholics messed the shit out of all the organization of the Church. All denominations change bits and pieces of their Christianity, but none more than Catholicism and Orthodoxy.


 No.8469774

If you have any questions feel free to ask!


 No.8469804

Sage for no bump, but I believe that the Mormon Church will eventually become a /b/ meme for some reason. I'm hex's partner in crime.


 No.8469824

But first I'll take a nap


 No.8469827

>>8468255

>bragging about being a multikulti shithole church

You utah dudes are going to be in northern mexico in a few years, and supposedly Mormons are intermarrying with Hispanics rapidly.

Have fun, I guess.


 No.8469833

>>8469774

How do I fuck Mormon bitches


 No.8470137

>>8469827

You might have heard about a few cases of intermarriage, but race mixing is implicitly frowned upon in the Church despite modern times. It's in our Scripture, 1st Nephi. Races will keep to their own race, we're not a Prot Church

>>8469833

That's a difficult one, since they mostly remain chaste till marriage if they're actually Mormon and follow the Law of Chastity. There might be cases here and there, but if they're found out (and they'd probably be found out easily due to tremendous religious guilt) they're excommunicated.

If you want your own Mormon girl they marry quite young.


 No.8470168

>>8467901

>Latter Day Saints

>Not Latest Day Saints

They set themselves up for failure.


 No.8470169

>>8470143

is this from KND?

that show was so stupid


 No.8470274

>>8470169

Fuck you cracker I loved that show as a kid please go KYS faggot faggot cuck


 No.8470312

>>8470137

>they're excommunicated.

That's false.you're only excommunicated for making others lose faith in the church


 No.8470315

mormANS cucks and misgenation prmoting kikes


 No.8470318

Today, the Church disavows the theories advanced in the past that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse, or that it reflects unrighteous actions in a premortal life; that mixed-race marriages are a sin; or that blacks or people of any other race or ethnicity are inferior in any way to anyone else. Church leaders today unequivocally condemn all racism, past and present, in any form.


 No.8470320

8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.

9 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, which is the word of God, that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins; neither shall ye revile against them because of their filthiness; but ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.


 No.8470332

File: 7a1da6e7337e622⋯.png (33.01 KB, 110x128, 55:64, ClipboardImage.png)

>>8470169

>shit talking KND


 No.8470338

>>8470320

>>8470318

>>8470137

youre a liar and the church is cucked

you will never see a white apostle ordained ever again. polygamy will be re-revealed and several white women will be commanded to be impregnated by niggers through "revelation"


 No.8470342

>>8467911

not for long. i was mormon for a couple years (and then i had to go through a lengthy process to exit the church) and this fucking closeted mormon faggot got butthurt when i told him i liked how anti degeneracy the church is.

the current leadership won't allow gays but give it a few generations. they're forcing their way in


 No.8470343

>>8470342

oops didn't mean to have my name as sage.


 No.8470351

>>8470342

they already flip-flopped on racial doctrine claiming that the past prophets and previous explanations of race were just do to imperfect men. now they let nonwhites apostles in and its only a matter of time before they break and allow women fags and all the other parts of degeneracy in. they want to straddle the line but they have already lost


 No.8470374

>>8470346

wat


 No.8470493

>>8470351

There have already been protests to allow females the priesthood in salt lake


 No.8470498

>>8467901

joined the church in May, got engaged last month

marriage set in June i'll update you when i hit 26 children


 No.8470501

File: ae1bd8bc2aaebf3⋯.jpg (56.36 KB, 640x426, 320:213, 005a7e9efed5c0a7fb89.jpg)


 No.8470537

>>8470517

You're a SJW cuck, aren't you?


 No.8470560

>>8470501

the ones in blue are the wives…


 No.8470595

File: 847843b5545aff7⋯.jpg (503.07 KB, 2048x1601, 2048:1601, moderate apolitical cuckse….jpg)

File: 3d21e58540c7fd8⋯.png (813.43 KB, 725x756, 725:756, white american family chri….png)


 No.8470616

>>8467901

Fuck off heretic


 No.8471367

>>8470595

>Christianity

Christians ≠ Mormons

Christians ≠ Catholics

Know the difference you cuck.


 No.8472097

>>8467901

That's heresy, BUCKO


 No.8472124

>>8471367

Catholics do a lot of heresies, but protestants are even worse.


 No.8472159

File: 8108fcda4871973⋯.jpg (213.9 KB, 756x768, 63:64, 34534552 (2) - Copy.jpg)


 No.8472170

>>8472143

Mormons arent christians, they are something like hinduism with names changed.


 No.8472691

Spiritual bump


 No.8472741

>>8472170

Most Christians are like Hindus though, believing in the concept of a triune God, the Trinity, a pagan Roman invention. We're non-Trinitarian, in the New Testament there's lots of evidences for the non-existence of a Trinity but nobody seems to take Scripture seriously. Even the passages used to prove a Trinity ignore the verses that follow and are previous to it.


 No.8472742

>>8472124

Heresy = Non-pagan practice


 No.8472777

>believing in things that aren't true


 No.8472808

>>8472777

You'll want to check the dictionary definition of belief again


 No.8473114

File: c14d11f121c6cff⋯.png (244.33 KB, 446x645, 446:645, John Moses Browning with h….png)

File: 6344e0af82312f2⋯.jpg (3.84 MB, 5000x4328, 625:541, guns of john moses brownin….jpg)

>>8467901

Mormons are pretty okay fellas.


 No.8473134

File: 0de49ebdc5fe643⋯.jpg (83.21 KB, 551x411, 551:411, Nevada ball, US dislike fo….jpg)

>>8473119

I have some vague knowledge about it, Nevada is a state specifically created to spite them.


 No.8473314

>>8473134

That's why nothing good has ever come out of Nevada, unlike Utah of course. I've noticed that Utah missionaries have very Germanic genes as well as very particular and rare last names, might have come as a result of Mormon migration and settlement.


 No.8473627

bump


 No.8473662

>>8472741

Maybe overrated, but is there, it isnt a roman invention like sun invictus or a jew invention like islam.

>>8472742

Your point?

>>8473114

Second pic is just too awesome to be real.


 No.8473677

Whoo whoo, nigga, whoo whoo.


 No.8473730

>>8472808

ok i did, and it was unnecessary because it means exactly what I thought it does. Perhaps you could say what you're thinking, commit to an actual statement instead of being a chickenshit.


 No.8473739

>>8473730

"Belief is the state of mind in which a person thinks something to be the case with or without there being empirical evidence to prove that something is the case with factual certainty."

>"Without empirical evidence."

You can believe in things that are empirically proven or not, you fucking retard.


 No.8473743

File: 9f9283118ee3210⋯.jpg (456.43 KB, 2816x2112, 4:3, Glorious Murder Kube.jpg)

>>8473314

I've heard good things about Utah but what's wrong with Nevada?

>>8473662

War is god and John Moses Browning is his messenger.


 No.8473750

>>8473743

>what's wrong with Nevada?

It's not Utah :^)


 No.8473757

File: 99fd00be386572d⋯.png (12.17 KB, 424x141, 424:141, Screenshot from 2018-11-16….png)

>>8473739

You can take pride in your beliefs and believe things that are true, or you can be an idiot and believe things that are not true.

Some people believe things that are true because they are true, other people just believe whatever they want, because they want to. Some people are right, some people are wrong.

You might be perfectly happy being wrong, and that is because you are stupid.

So, I say again:

>believing in things that aren't true

Mormon mythology is especially stupid. If you believe it is true then you are stupid.


 No.8473766

File: 8fd41a4141b8706⋯.png (31.24 KB, 606x230, 303:115, Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 2….png)

>>8473757

Post the whole thing next time, Mr. Empiricism, since everything can be proved empirically, except proving non-existence


 No.8473769

>>8473739

Atheism is just another belief, a true "atheism" according to what atheists says would be "irreligious", the problem is that smart people create things out of the info he receive, thats a belief, therefore you need to be an animal to not have a belief, at least from a scientifist point of view.

>>8473757

ad tipping


 No.8473774

>>8473757

Truth is also limited to a system that's based upon the reliability of our limited sensorial experience, so empirical truth can only be formed from human capacity.

>>8473769

He's going full scientism. One can be religiously atheistic, and therefore scientistic.

>the problem is that smart people create things out of the info he receive, thats a belief, therefore you need to be an animal to not have a belief, at least from a scientifist point of view.

Exactly. The processing and categorization into concepts that we can either believe, not believe, or be skeptical about. That's how our minds work.


 No.8473786

Mormon mythology might be considered absurd…just like every sort of religious mythology. It's just prone to be considered absurdity due to the time period it was set in.


 No.8473789

>>8473766

>>8473769

>believing things that aren't true

Instead of believing things that aren't true you should try believing things that are true. Have some pride in your thoughts, instead of being content being wrong.


 No.8473791

>>8473789

t. doesn't know how to separate metaphysical realms from empirically based realms and doesn't know shit about epistemology


 No.8473792

>>8473791

Back to "I Fucking Love Science" and Reddit tbh


 No.8473800

>>8473791

You believe things that aren't true and you know it.

You should be ashamed.


 No.8473826

>>8473800

K

I find it far more reasonable than Catholicism or a vast majority of religious secs so imma just chill out here and keep teaching people.


 No.8473835

>>8473791

>epistemology

What is Knowledge?

Knowledge as Justified True Belief, but what about…

The Gettier Problem

Deontological and Non-Deontological Justification, or a way of going around an endless circle of argument to avoid admitting you are wrong and made an honest mistake. This is because most religious personality types are stubborn teenagers that refuse to grow up and face the evidence that there is no evidence for their religious platform. This is their chosen philosophical foundation and this is what they want, the end. Below you will find 35 talking points and subpoints to argue the Epistemology of their chosen Fairytale. This is quite a bit of obsessive compulsive work to avoid admitting that there is no evidence for the "quote"…

>t. doesn't know how to separate metaphysical realms from empirically based realms and doesn't know shit about epistemology.

AKA- imaginary God concepts. If that isn't enough to put someone to sleep I don't know what is. I must call a fowl because of hypnotism, this is know as an Filibuster and it's normally illegal anywhere but the Senate. Why do they have to resort to this, because this is how they get what they want when they have no evidence.

Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

Epistemology

First published Wed Dec 14, 2005

Defined narrowly, epistemology is the study of knowledge and justified belief. As the study of knowledge, epistemology is concerned with the following questions: What are the necessary and sufficient conditions of knowledge? What are its sources? What is its structure, and what are its limits? As the study of justified belief, epistemology aims to answer questions such as: How we are to understand the concept of justification? What makes justified beliefs justified? Is justification internal or external to one's own mind? Understood more broadly, epistemology is about issues having to do with the creation and dissemination of knowledge in particular areas of inquiry. This article will provide a systematic overview of the problems that the questions above raise and focus in some depth on issues relating to the structure and the limits of knowledge and justification.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epistemology/#GET


 No.8473837

>>8470351

Actually, joseph smith ordained a few black aaronic priesthood holders and the official church stance was, even in brigham youngs day was that the negros would eventually recieve the priesthood. The doctrine that they were less valiant is false and only substantiated by Bruce R McConkies Mormon Doctrine which was writen before he became an apostle.


 No.8473842

File: 0ad1e72f6b9e15d⋯.jpg (230.56 KB, 659x609, 659:609, Hickok45 1534515508412.jpg)

File: d9b7ae1d483c47f⋯.jpg (149.09 KB, 800x558, 400:279, Hickok45 bike.jpg)


 No.8473871

>>8473826

>I find it far more reasonable than Catholicism

Neither of them are reasonable, because neither of them are true.

>believing things that aren't true


 No.8473877

I FOUND ALL 6 OF MY TEXTBOOKS ONLINE IN THEIR MOST RECENT EDITION THIS SEMESTER


 No.8473878


 No.8473880

>>8470338

This is not a reveal your fetish thread


 No.8473886

>>8473878

Thanks, I found searching for a "quote in the textbook" filetype:PDF in Google works wonders. You can always get quotes from Google books excerpts. The only book I couldn't find this way I found through torrentz2.eu search engine (who are faggots and comply with dmca but they rarely get them since they technically don't host any of it)


 No.8474211

My grandpa was raised by a Mormon family in Salt Lake City. He presumably recognized it was a cult when he was a young man cause he got the fuck out of there as soon as he could.


 No.8474247

>>8473877

Protip: Try LibGen


 No.8474497

>>8474247

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_ni_Cristo

some of my friends got married in this


 No.8474504

File: b579aff9863e967⋯.jpg (42.16 KB, 426x597, 142:199, 2f9ffd333c0dcbc4616354279d….jpg)

Dude im high right now, can I have some cute elders visit me?


 No.8474518

File: 5df77c783047f8c⋯.jpg (66.73 KB, 400x500, 4:5, 199768.jpg)

>>8467995

Uhhh, Christians are a people are kind of shitty, it's like the mormons held onto the old school Protestants had. Also fuck that, love coffee and espresso.


 No.8474530

>>8474247

Nice,they've added a lot more since i last went there


 No.8474545

File: 5c4d6abfff7ebfd⋯.jpg (5.82 KB, 225x225, 1:1, 23432432.jpg)

Gaiz how into mormons if gay and like weed/caffeine?


 No.8475378

>>8474545

So, did LDS' invent trap catbois?


 No.8475395

>>8467932

mormonism is gay


 No.8475398

>>8475395

So, are you saying, to become a Mormon, you have to actively practise homosexuality?


 No.8475440

>>8473774

>>8473789

The problem is that you dont have evidence of anything, everything is faith, therefore fedoras are liars, have mental issues or they have secret knowledge.

>>8473791

Dont go fast on them, some of them are legit autists.

>>8473835

You are talking about fedoras, seriously, every person call it faith, but fedoras talk about it like they know everything about everything, check your own tipping please.

>>8473837

Wait, so the mormon Jesus cartoon is wrong?

>>8473871

You aren't true.

>>8475395

>if you dont have sex with males you are gay

Liberal logic.


 No.8475463

>>8468004

fuck the Holy Ghost


 No.8475538

>>8475440

>You are talking about fedoras, seriously, every person call it faith, but fedoras talk about it like they know everything about everything, check your own tipping please.

All of you are retarded nuts, I can sum it up in one sentence.

The only difference between individuals is the depth of their delusion.

Delusional Disorder

Delusional disorder is a type of serious mental illness in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined.

What is delusional disorder?

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness — called a “psychosis”— in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.

People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function quite normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.


 No.8475549

>>8475538

Religion is a psychotic delusional disorder. The only thing that is worse are those patronizing people that argue, and torment the mentally ill. Why would anyone pick on someone weaker, why would you beat up on your little sister for example?


 No.8475556

>>8475549

>Religion is a psychotic delusional disorder.

Correct 100%, complete with verifiable scientific proof now.


 No.8475595

>>8475538

Exactly, check what is materialism and how fedoras see it, then check beliefs, you are just saying that you have delusional disorder and even more because the same is being repeated over and over again. Kid, just a tip from somebody that was in the university, every person has beliefs, when a teacher force you to tell him whats the outcome of x+y you are forced to give that, if you fail the answer thats fine, but you are giving something that isnt related and that can be easily showed as projection, mental gymnastics are magic in the hands of a non autistic dude with a bit of training, i can go deeper and guess things of your life, but i dont have time (i have a life) and i already won the argument and you are just repeating the same chant and proving that this is your problem, not mine, there is something inside you that dont keep you advance, something deeper that can be resumed in your (ctrl + f) unshakable beliefs.

>>8475549

Dude, every person has a belief, if not he isnt smart enough to notice that he exists or he knows everything, just a simple free tip from the same "science" you are talking about, did the person contribute to society? is happy with that? if the asnwer is yes to both then you have a sane person, of course this isnt exact, we arent talking about science, but we have something.

Now for the anons with a desire of knowing more, since ancient times those "sciences" arent focussed on just check things without touching them, its part of human nature changing our behavior once we have something new in our heads and regardless of what supporters of "private life" are saying every thing you do change your environment and others are part of that environment, we have definitions made after centuries with systems that all of us agree to use, but some fags in modern times are changing definitions according to their needs, now we have organizated groups of powerfull fags that changed everything, just check the common factor in every mass school shooting in Usa made by white kids in the last years, they are all atheists, but atheism isnt a mental problem, just check the amount of deaths from atheist states, just check how the biggest murderers ever call their enemies murderers, classic projection, those are triats that are the core of atheism belief, death and projection, like rape and conquering in islam or altruism and martyrdom in christianity.

Blessings.


 No.8475637

>>8475595

The only difference between individuals is the depth of their delusion.


 No.8475661

I'd like to become a priest of some type but I don't want to read the bible. Is the LDS for me?


 No.8475962

Do Mormons spank their children?


 No.8476070

>>8475661

What kind of half-assed non-cannon spinoff of christianity allows someone to be a priest without reading the bible? Pretty sure mormons have some standards.


 No.8476246

>>8475595

Like I told you, he doesn't know shit about epistemology


 No.8476270

>>8475661

We have both a dominion of the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Some missionaries have a greater handle on the Book of Mormon, but if you want to become a bishop you definitely need to dominate the two, if possible.

>>8475962

Just like any other Christian, they might or they might not, but they aren't explicitly against it, or haven't addressed it at least.


 No.8476617

>>8475637

If your point is correct then just hardcore solipsists or cthulhu worshippers are sane.

>>8476246

You are right, or maybe not and he has a problem in his head, i dont know.


 No.8476623

>>8476246

How much do you need to know about epistemology to recognize that Joseph Smith was a liar and a conman? it's not rocket science

You believe things that aren't true, regardless of any hand-wavey bullshit about the philosophical nature of knowledge. There was a guy that said a bunch of stupid shit that was obviously not true, and a bunch of retards believed him. You're one of them. You believe things that aren't true, and any attempt to rationalize it instead of facing it only makes you dumber.


 No.8476636

File: c9a6ad4cc0e7372⋯.jpg (45.62 KB, 599x449, 599:449, 354863f7dbb8dfd61a69acc641….jpg)


 No.8476645

>>8469679

im here - w8ing for u to show evidence for god

just like the rest of scientific consensus


 No.8476667

File: f71fe9a8471ddfb⋯.jpg (16.76 KB, 320x320, 1:1, 132d1a83803de358725e22d36a….jpg)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham

>The Book of Abraham is a work produced in 1835 by Joseph Smith[1] based, he said, on Egyptian papyri purchased from a traveling mummy exhibition. According to Smith, the book was "a translation of some ancient records […] purporting to be the writings of Abraham, while he was in Egypt, called the Book of Abraham, written by his own hand, upon papyrus".[2] Smith said the papyri describe Abraham's early life, his travels to Canaan and Egypt, and his vision of the cosmos and its creation.

>Upon examination by professional Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists, these fragments were identified as Egyptian funerary texts, including the "Breathing Permit of Hôr"[nb 1] and the "Book of the Dead", among others. As a result, the Book of Abraham has been the source of significant controversy. Critics say it is a work of fiction created by Smith, while some Mormon apologists defend its authenticity.

Essentially Joseph Smith was able to lie about what the Papyri said when hardly anyone understood Hieroglyphics but was outed as a fraud when the texts turned out to be some poor Egyptian's will and testament.


 No.8476670

File: e132d3bdc7fa8de⋯.jpg (220.1 KB, 481x640, 481:640, 713db8da71a3a44d4758fc7a21….jpg)

>>8476645

We have a religious Macaroni noodle, a Professor P. Nutty, a Manic-man running around the board, spamming nonsense as he goes, but this is normal here now?

I would say that I understand why these things are necessary, have been necessary to control the general population of fools. But to believe this now in a modern day and age is a psychotic delusional disorder.

If this is not proof of god I don't know what is? XD


 No.8476698

>>8476670

its not

and humanity doesnt need control


 No.8476702

>>8476670

Spam, sage, do not reply, report.


 No.8476729

>>8476702

You need to spend some time with a thesaurus and dictionary before you can talk with a Psychiatrist, only then could we have a conversation.

~y'all ben mansplained.


 No.8476806

>>8476667

He sounds like a cunt.


 No.8476810

>>8476729

See this: >>8475595

For something more complex ask moroni.


 No.8476829

Living in Utah is suffering. Fucking mormons ruin everything. We had a medical marijuana bill pass, but due to mormon fuckery, the state legislature is having a special council to fuck with it and pass a """compromise""" bill.


 No.8476906

>>8476810

No thanks dudet I don't want to talk to…stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni. I've read their conversations, and you can see that everything a human touches becomes corrupt.

http://oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/lds/res/3.html#bottom


 No.8477002

Ex-Mormons Explain Mormonism

https://youtu.be/WOL19cvcnnQ

Ex-Mormons - Why We Left Mormonism

https://youtu.be/lxWE17ZdoIw


 No.8477020

>>8476829

>muh herbal jew!

Fucking move states if you wanna smoke so bad, nigger. Utah has always been mormon and they don't want your shit there.

I say this as I'm smoking, btw


 No.8477032

>>8477020

I don't even want to smoke


 No.8477035

>>8477032

Rip, posted early. I don't even want to smoke, I was just using that as an example as to why I hate the mormon church. I very much want to get out of this state though, hopefully by this time next year.


 No.8477044

>>8477035

>I was just using that as an example as to why I hate the mormon church

And it's a bad example. The Mormons are the majority in Utah, it's basically their state, and that's the beauty of the US. They can keep their culture and religion in Utah and anyone who doesn't like it can move to a different state but keep the same citizenship. Don't bitch about the Mormons. Embrace them as an example of the US working as intended.


 No.8477045

File: 3a3759c493ad3f2⋯.png (64.78 KB, 647x241, 647:241, 1.png)

>>8477044

forgot image


 No.8477209

>>8477045

Highest rate of divorce and family law problems in the USA = Utah. Check the facts.


 No.8477238

>>8477209

I don't see how that relates to the US working as intended, but ok


 No.8477518

File: b854a5d5b351851⋯.jpg (8.24 MB, 3024x2774, 1512:1387, 20181118_235559.jpg)

File: 7f0fa1ab68abc2a⋯.jpg (3.38 MB, 2793x3752, 399:536, 1006212.jpg)

Anybody heard of the Vonych Manuscript?

Dates back to late 15th or 16th century.

Book Link

https://beinecke.library.yale.edu/collections/highlights/voynich-manuscript

debunked decoding (arstechnica)

http://archive.is/Og5DP


 No.8477530

>>8467901

You got rid of polygamy, right? That would be the prime selling point for me, tbh.




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / desu / fit / hikki / lewd / mai / tacos / v1 / vfur ]