We are drawing/tracing every 6th frame from the plane scene to make an animated version. This set of frames will cover from the 2:00 mark ("No one cared who I was…") to about 2:15 ("For you.") of the plane scene.
How can I participate?
1) Find a frame that you would like to draw, e.g. frame 1944.
2) Search the thread to see if anyone has claimed that frame already ("ctrl-f #1944").
3) If it is not claimed yet, post in the thread to reserve it by writing, e.g. "I claim #1944" - make sure to include the pound sign ("#") so that everyone else can ctrl-f and know that it's claimed!
4) Once you have drawn the frame, upload it to the thread and/or website (preferably both), and post in the thread that it is complete: "I have finished @1944". Again, including the @-symbol is important so we can track which ones have been completed.
5) Make absolutely sure you claim and post completion of your drawn frames - if you upload to the website or thread without noting it, someone else will probably grab your prize.
Guidelines for drawings
1) Colour - All frames must be in greyscale. If you post a coloured image it will be converted to greyscale in the final video.
2) Shading - do your best to match the shading in the original frame. If you are doing a line drawing, at least set the background to not be pure white (pick a grey that sort of matches the video) as this will otherwise cause a flickering effect.
3) Quality - you don't have to be an expert to join. Tracings are 100% accepted and approved! Please just make sure that the drawing shows a reasonable mirroring of the actual position of characters/objects in the real frame.
Photo-manipulations: applying a filter, 'cartoonifying' the original frame, etc. will generally not be accepted - it is meant to be a drawing project. However in some cases if everyone likes it we will get it on board (e.g. in the old thread somebody did a DOOM photoshop).
A list of frames is available at the website (becquerel.Post too long. Click here to view the full text.
Post last edited at