To avoid a global and / or local ban on 8chan's boards, do not upload sexualized images of children.
But what is sexualized, really?
The Dost test is a six-factor guideline established in 1986 in the United States district court case United States v. Dost [636 F. Supp. 828 (S.D.Cal. 1986)].
In order to better determine whether a visual depiction of a minor constitutes a "lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area" under 18 U.S.C. §2256(2)(A), the court developed six criteria. Not all of the criteria need to be met nor are other criteria necessarily excluded in this test.
- Whether the focal point of the visual depiction is on the child's genitalia or pubic area;
- Whether the setting of the visual depiction is sexually suggestive, i.e., in a place or pose generally associated with sexual activity;
- Whether the child is depicted in an unnatural pose, or in inappropriate attire, considering the age of the child;
- Whether the child is fully or partially clothed, or nude;
- Whether the visual depiction suggests sexual coyness or a willingness to engage in sexual activity;
- Whether the visual depiction is intended or designed to elicit a sexual response in the viewer.
Since volunteers on 8chan are not lawyers, we err on the side of caution. Please do not post images of real children that violate any of the above criteria.
Nude photography of children (breasts / genitals), even within the context of "legal" nude photography (such as nudist colonies), are not allowed under any circumstances given the context of the website they are being posted on [please refer to United States of America v. Michael Arvin (900 F.2d 1385)].
For the purposes of 8chan, given the legal grayness surrounding three-dimensional (3D) computer-generated child pornography and the so-called "real dolls" and how similar they are to real children, 3D renderings that violate the aforementioned Dost test and are so realistic as to be indistinguishable from real children are also not allowed.
Furthermore, 8chan global volunteers are not required to research links you post to see if they actually contain child pornography. If you give a Global or Board Volunteer any reason to believe that a link contains child pornography, he or she will delete it without clicking on it.You may not personally agree with this, but as a clearnet website hosted in the United States of America, 8chan is required to comply with the laws in force. Please respect that.
[This page was updated on May 20, 2017. The previous version looked like this.]